Adding a custom domain to your LanderBolt account is a required step for publishing your landing pages. Follow these simple steps to add a custom domain to your account.
1. First, log into LanderBolt and navigate to the 'Domains' page by clicking the button in the left menu.
2. Next, click on the '+ Create Item' button near the top of the page. This will open a popup box where we will provide our custom domain.
3. Provide your custom domain in the 'Name' field. Do not include http:// or www.
4. Click on the 'Status" field and select 'Active'. Then click 'Save'.
You will now see a message on your screen which displays LanderBolt's 'Nameservers'. These must be configured on your domain registrar (the place you bought your domain from).
We recommend buying domains from NameCheap (http://www.namecheap.com), but LanderBolt is compatible with all domains regardless of where they are purchased.
Below are step by step instructions for configuring your nameservers using our recommended registrar, NameCheap.
5. Log into NameCheap at http://www.namecheap.com, and navigate to the NameCheap dashboard.
6. Locate your domain from the dashboard and click the 'Manage" button.
7. In the 'nameservers' section, click the dropdown and choose 'Custom DNS'
8. Next, fill in the two blank fields with the two nameservers displayed in LanderBolt. They are:
9. Click the green checkmark icon in NameCheap to save your settings.
You are done! You have now configured a custom domain in your LanderBolt account and may publish landing pages to that domain.